SAFETY always comes first whenever it comes to your children. Once school starts the streets get congested and it is important to follow safety rules and laws.
Here are a few safety tips you will need to look out for whenever you are on the road.
1. Be on the lookout for school zone signals and ALWAYS obey the speed limits.
2. When entering a school zone, be sure to slow down and obey all traffic laws.
3. Always stop for school busses that are loading or unloading children.
4. Watch out for school crossing guards and obey their signals.
5. Be aware of and watch out for children near schools, bus stops, sidewalks, in the streets, in school parking lots, etc.
6. Never pass other vehicles while driving in a school zone.
7. Never make U-Turns while driving in a school zone.
8. Never text while driving in a school zone.
9. Avoid using a cell phone, unless it is completely hands-free, while driving in a school zone.
10. Unless licensed to do so, never use handicap or emergency vehicle lanes or spaces to drop off or pick up children at school.