Everyone cares about their child’s safety and often people forget that their own home could be dangerous at times! The best thing to do is eliminate all of the hazards throughout your home and make your home environment feel safe and sound for everyone in the house. Some of these ideas will help you prevent any injuries from your children!
For Your Kitchen
- Install safety latches on all drawers and cabinets to keep the children from handling any household products!
- Keep any kitchen ware away from the edges of the counters and make sure they are out of reach of your children.
- If you place to use your stove, make sure you use the back burners and turn the handles of pots and pa out of reach of the children.
- Store medicine and or household products way from food and drinks.
For Your Bathroom
- Install toilet locks to keep the toilet lids shut.
- Unplug and hairdryers, curlers and straighteners to prevent shocking or electrocution with bather in the bathroom. This always prevents burns on your children is they decide to pull any cords and it falls.
- Cover electrical outlets with outlet protectors that are not being used. You can do this for every outlet in you home.
- Install safety latches on drawers and cabinets that are in reach of your children to keep from cleaning supplies that can be poisonous.
Around Your Home
- Use gates at the top or bottom of the stairs to prevent the kids to go upstairs.
- Doorknob covers will keep your children from going into rooms you do not want them to go in or out.
- Prevent furniture from falling or tipping over by securing shelves or heavy furniture with anchors and brackets.
- Make sure couches or any furniture are kept way from high windows so your children won’t climb on the window sills. Also, make sure that window blinds do not have looped cords to cause no strangulation.
- Place corner and edge bumpers on furniture and fireplace hearth to protect injuries.