Grand Parkway is planned to be 184 miles with 6 segments. State Highway 99 (Grand Parkway) will loop, circling the Houston metro region and make it easy to travel non-stop through the northwest side of Houston from I-10 near Katy to I-69/US59 north of Houston. This will help traffic jams around communities that are growing quickly! Also, this parkway provides several hurricane and emergency evacuation routes in the area! Once the Grand Parkway is completed it will allow people to travel to 7 counties!
Here are the 6 Segments that make up the parkway!
- Segment D is 18 miles of roadway from I-69S (US59S), north to I-10W. The portion from I-69S to north of the Westpark Toll Road is operated by the Fort Bend County Grand Parkway Toll Road Authority. The portion from the Westpark Toll Road north to I-10W is a non-toll section maintained by TxDOT.
- Segment E is 15 miles of roadway that provides travel between I-10 and U.S. 290 on the west side of Houston.
- Segment F1 is 11.9 miles of roadway that provides travel between HWY 290 to HWY 249.
- Segment F2 is 11.7 miles of roadway that provides travel between HWY 249 to I-45.
- Segment G is 14.8 miles of roadway that connects I-45 to HWY 59.
- Segment I-2 extends from I-10 south to Fisher Road in Chambers County.
Information from https://www.txtag.org/en/about/tollroad_grndpky_sh99.shtml