It’s pool season and there is nothing better then cooling off and hanging out with friends and family in the hot weather! Here are some safety tips you should keep in mind while being in and around the pool!
- Make sure all children can swim before getting them into a pool. Its is extremely recommended to enroll your children in swimming lessons.
- Never leave the kids unattended. Even if the kids know how to swim, it is still important to watch over them.
- Enforce Rules around the pool. No running, no jumping, and no diving in shallow areas etc…
- For small children, make sure to not leave any toys in the pool when not being used. Children can see the toy in the pool and could possibly fall in.
- Keep children away from pool drains, pipes, and other openings to avoid clothing or hair to get caught in entrapments.
- It is always a plus to learn CPR and First Aid skills. CPR is a basic life-saving tactic.
- Pool Maintenance important! A pool should have a properly sized pool filter, robotic pool cleaner to remove dirt and debris and an ultraviolet disinfection system to sanitize bacteria and diseases in your pool. This makes relaxing in the pool more in enjoyable than worrying about what can affect your health.
- Remind children to ask permission to use the pool and never be in the pool without an adult present.
- If needed, a non-climbable pool safety fence that surrounds the pool will eliminate chances of your child falling into the pool by a huge percent! This is a very good investment!
These tips are extremely helpful and reduce the chances of any harm while in o around our pool!
Here are a couple swimming websites you can go to for swimming lessons and instructors.
Kimi Hardy: at email@example.com or the website is www.infantswim.com (League City Area)
Pearland Swim Academy : 2503 Old Chocolate Bayou Rd, Pearland, TX 77584 (281) 412-0220 (Pearland Area)
If you are looking to build a pool in your backyard, here are a few local companies: