There is no denying the financial benefits of selling a house are outstanding today. Now is truly a great time to list if you are ready to make a move. If you sell your home right now, you probably wonder where you’ll go when you move. Since there are so few homes available to buy right now, you might be considering building a new home as one of your options. But you may be unsure if that’s the right way to go for you and your family. Below, we will compare the benefits of a newly built home versus moving into an existing one and why working with a real estate agent from The Christy Buck Team throughout the process is crucial to your success no matter what you decide!
The Pros of Newly Built Homes- First, let’s look at the benefits of purchasing a newly constructed house. With a brand-new home, you’ll be able to:
- Create your perfect home: When you build a home from the ground up, you’ll have the option to pick the custom features you want, including appliances, finishes, landscaping, layout, and more.
- Cash-in on energy efficiency: When you choose to build a home, you are able to select energy-efficient options to help lower your utility costs, protect the environment, and reduce your carbon footprint.
- Minimize the need for repairs: A lot of builders offer a warranty, so you’ll have peace of mind on unlikely repairs. Also, you will have a lot less projects to tackle. QuickenLoans puts it like this: “Buying a new construction vs. existing home typically means you’ll have fewer reparis to do. It can be a huge relief to know that it’s unlikely you’ll have to repair the roof or replace the furnace.”
- Have brand new EVERYTHING: Another plus of a new home is that nothing in the house is used. Everything is brand new and uniquely yours from day one.
The Pros of Existing Homes- Now, let’s look at the perks that come with buying an existing home. With a pre-existing home, you’ll be able to:
- Explore a wider variety of home styles and floorplans: With decades of homes to choose from, you’ll have a wider range of floorplans and designs available.
- Join an established neighborhood: With existing homes, you are given the option to get to know the neighborhood, community, or traffic patterns prior to committing.
- Enjoy mature trees and landscaping: Established neighborhoods often have more developed landscaping and trees, which can give you additional privacy and curb appeal. Investopedia says, if you buy an existing home: “Odds are, too, that the home will have mature landscaping, so you won’t have to worry about starting a lawn, planting shrubs, and waiting for trees to grow.”
- Appreciate that lived-in charm: The character of older homes is very difficult to reproduce. If you are a person who values timeless craftmanship or design elements, you may prefer an existing home. According to Houseopedia: “Charm is priceless. Existing homes, especially those built in the 1950’s or before, often offer architectural elements, historic charm, and a quality of craftsmanship not avalible in new homes.”
The choice is yours. Whenever you start your search for the perfect home, remember that you can go either route – you just have to decide which features and benefits are most important to you. Working with the guidance of an agent from The Christy Buck Team will help you make the most informed and educated decision so that you can move into the home of your dreams.
If you have ANY questions about the options in the local area, we can discuss what’s available and what’s suitable for you, so you’re ready to make your next move with confidence!